If you wish to join EARLI as a member, or if you want to submit a proposal for a conference, act as a reviewer or register for a conference, you are asked to create a personal EARLI account at EARLI-EAPRIL.org. This account is uniquely linked to your e-mail address. Certain personal information is required to create the account, and is stored in your profile: title / position, first name, last name, email, password, nationality, country of employment and institution.You can also enter additional (optional) information: date of birth, invoice address, VAT number, department, fields of interest, other interests and biography.
Your personal information is stored for various purposes:
- Your personal EARLI account allows you to keep track of your membership history, conference participation and order history. It is a way of creating transparency for each EARLI member about their EARLI history.
- Your e-mail address is used to confirm any action you undertake in the conference tool: submission and order confirmation e-mails, invoices, payment reminders and the like are sent to your e-mail address automatically.
- Your contact details are used for communication. When you join EARLI as a member, one of the membership benefits entails that you are informed about EARLI activities, job opportunities, calls and special announcements. You can unsubscribe from our e-mails at any point, by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the e-mail.
- The information you provide may also be used for understanding the diversity of the EARLI membership and to guide policy decisions for future activities that will benefit the membership of EARLI. Your personal data will never be publicly identified.
- If you intend to attend or present at one of our conferences, your name, institute and nationality are displayed in the EARLI conference programme as well as on your nametag. As such, we can accredit your scientific work and support our networking activities at the conference.
You can also update and change your communication preferences through your account at EARLI-EAPRIL.org, by selecting which content you would like to receive (under "tags").
At all times, you can update or change your personal data in our database, through your EARLI account. You can also request to have your account entirely deactivated in our database by contacting the EARLI Office at email@example.com. Some information – such as membership and order history – is stored for legal and accountancy purposes for the legally required term of seven years. At regular intervals, outdated and expired information is deleted from our systems and archive.
Your personal information is never shared with third parties for commercial ends.
EARLI does not provide, sell or rent members’ information to anyone outside the organisation. We make every reasonable effort to prevent any loss, misuse, disclosure or modification of personal information, as well as any unauthorised access to personal information.