EARLI has 27 Special Interest Groups representing researchers who study one or more parts and/or aspects of the field of Learning and Instruction. One of the main goals of EARLI is to encourage communication between researchers through Special Interest Groups. The SIGs support activities such as meetings, newsletters and publications and they give substance to the conference themes of the biennial EARLI conferences. Each SIG has two SIG Coordinators and one JURE Assistant Coordinator.
Each SIG is managed by two SIG Coordinators and a JURE Coordinator.
A SIG Coordinator is an important liaison between the members of the SIG, the EARLI Executive Committee and the EARLI office. Being a SIG coordinator involves responsibilities with regard to the organisation of SIG activities such as seminars, newsletters and other publications. Together with your colleague SIG coordinator you are the communication link to the EARLI organisation.
Click here to learn more about the SIG Policy.
Click here to consult the SIG Social Media Guidelines.
EARLI SIG - Overview
Below you can find a list of all 27 SIGs.
Click on a SIG to visit their homepage.
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Comprehension of Text and Graphics
- Conceptual Change
- Higher Education
- Learning and Development in Early Childhood
- Instructional Design
- Technology-Enhanced Learning and Instruction
- Motivation and Emotion
- Phenomenography and Variation Theory
- Social Interaction in Learning and Instruction
- Teaching and Teacher Education
- Moral and Democratic Education
- Learning and Professional Development
- Special Educational Needs
- Methods in Learning Research
- Educational Effectiveness
- Religions and Worldviews in Education
- Inquiry Learning
- Learning and Teaching in Culturally Diverse Settings
- Neuroscience and Education
- Educational Evaluation, Accountability and School Improvement
- Researcher Education and Careers
- Educational Theory
- Argumentation, Dialogue and Reasoning
- Online Measures of Learning Processes
In even years, each of the 27 SIGs hosts its own international conference focusing on the field of research of the SIG. In 2020, we are happy to announce 20 SIG Conferences, taking place all over Europe. Please be advised that, due to the COVID-19 outbreak, things are rapidly changing with regards to SIG conferences and their timing. Make sure to check with each individual SIG whether their conference is going ahead as planned.
Click here to consult the SIG Conference Calendar 2020.
Become a SIG member to join in on the discussion, take part in SIG Conferences and meet experts in your field of research.
SIG membership is open to all EARLI members, and costs € 8 per SIG, per calendar year.
You can become a member of as many SIGs as you like.
Click here to find out more about EARLI and SIG membership.